What Are Inbound links in SEO?
What are Inbound Links in SEO? Links that are coming from an external web page towards your website/web page, these links can be in the form of a hyperlink, naked clickable URL or link through an Image which has been used in the third-party website as a reference/resource for your website.
These inbound links can be earned naturally or can be generated manually by submitting articles and guest posts on external website pages which is a common search engine optimization practice to create backlinks in order increase the rankings of the landing/targeted page by getting linked on different niche based domains and sometimes on non-niche based domains through creating inbound links.
What is the Motive of Inbound Links in SEO?
The motive of inbound links is to build page authority of particular website targeted pages so they can build trust over search engines in order to get higher rankings.
Apart from this, Inbound Links also help in generating referral website traffic to a “Linked-To” website which can further be utilized for remarketing purposes, website audience, demographic analysis, and other analytical stuff.
What are the Benefits of Inbound Links in SEO?
- Inbound Links help in increasing the Page Authority of a web page
- Inbound links help in generating quality website traffic
- Inbound links help in boosting up the rankings of a web page on targeted searched terms which further help in generating quality organic website traffic.
- Inbound Links help in building up any website trust flow over search engines
What are the Best Ways to Create/Generate Inbound Links?
This question in itself is a big topic but I will try to cover it in short here. Just to let you know, good inbound links are the one that comes naturally from the niche based domains towards your wbsite and this happen only if your content is well witten and ranking in the first page ofthe major search engine.
Getting inbound links is not a rocket science and all you need is to focus on below mentioned points.
- Write well researched content
- Make your content engaging
- Create graphics that related to your content
- Use video based content or create podcasts for the same topic and contribute the content through major media marketing channels
- Optimize your article that rank higher on the search engines. Content that rank higher generate more chances of getting inbound links
- Share your articles through social media platforms so it can reach to maximum audience
Will Dropping of Inbound Links Also Decease the Rankings?
Eventually yes, if you are specifically talking about the inbound natural links quanity which went down then you may probably see ranking drops because loosing inbound links directly means your published content is no longer relatable with the latest and current trends of the industry and hence people are delinking it that will with all logical reasons will drop the rankings.
Does Creating Too Many Inbound Links Quickly Can Be a Reason of Penalty?
Manually creating inbound links in bulk is nerver a reason for penalty ultill they are coming from good and trusted sites. Creating low quality and non relatable backliks in bulk can sometimes lead to penalty.
Check more here:
- What is SEO
- White Hat SEO
- Black Hat SEO
- Gray Hat SEO
- On-Page Optimization
- Off-Page Optimization