On July 27, 2022, Google announced product review update is rolling out and it will keep rolling for the next 2-3 weeks i.e. for up to 14 to 21 days. So, Google is here again with a new surprise to manufacturer sites and eCommerce business owners with its back-to-back algorithm updates and this time it is again for the Product Reviews.
Before July 2022 product review update Google rolled out May Core 2022 Update on May 25, 2022, which last till 9th June 2022, also rolled out March 2022 Product review update on March 23, 2022 and in the month of February, they launched Page Experience Update for Desktop update on February 22, 2022, which was complete as of March 3, 2022.
July 2022 Product Review Algorithm Update Important Key Points and Tips To Note:
- If you are an eCommerce platform owner then work on publishing high-quality product reviews on your website that could deliver more information about the product to new buyers.
- Review could be in the format of text, video, audio, or graphic with real pictures of the product purchased by a customer. You can refer to the Flipkart product reviews section to understand this better.
- Reviews must contain points on why the product is useful and how it will be beneficial in certain cases.
- Adding a section for customers to ask questions and publish answers will also be helpful in order to make products stand out from products listed on competitors’ sites. This option may create a more genuine and organic approach to using FAQ’s for each product listed on the website. This practice can give more value to rank higher your products higher in the search.
- Adding reviews that cover comparisons with other products, so, it becomes easire for the users to make a decision
Overall, the concept of launching Product Review algorithm updates by Google is to make sure only products with good impressions and reviews by real customers should appear on the top of search results instead of thin and low quality products.
This is for sure an intentionally launched algorithm update as it gives Google users more value to what they are looking for and makes it easier for them to search for the right product which further helps customers to make decisions faster.